Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Loser! With Photos!

Hey everyone!

I'm down 16 pounds... sixteen!! I lost 1.4 this week, we cheated a bit on food.  Tim was sick all week, and it was easier some nights to pick up dinner from Chipotle, or make something quick at home.  We also tried a new recipe for Barbacoa, and that was pretty hefty calorie count.  It was super good though.  We did some experimenting in the kitchen.  First we did the barbacoa, which was a new recipe for us.  It was so good!! Tim had the leftovers for dinner the next day, and I'm sure that's what got rid of his cold.  We also tried substituting greek yogurt for oil in a boxed brownie recipe.  I love baking, and I really miss doing it.  I have always liked baking and cooking, but with baking I never eat the treats.  Unless it's Texas Sheet Cake.  Then I'll eat the whole thing.  I'll have cake for breakfast, I have no restraint or shame.  But brownies, I don't really see the big deal about them, I just like to make them, and Tim eats them all.  So we thought we'd try a substitution from my list last week, and we subbed out 3/4 cup oil for 1/2 cup greek yogurt and two tablespoons of oil.  Tim is still eating the brownies, but I like them even less than normal brownies.  They came out with a weird texture- a little tougher, kind of chewy (not in the good way) and I know people hate this word- moist.  They were shiny on top.  You know how brownies get that cracked top when they are perfect?  Not these.  And they get shinier every day.  They taste more like really heavy cake than brownies.  I would not recommend this substitution.  Texture is a really big deal.  Saving 1,000 calories isn't worth it if it doesn't taste good.

So, as you've figured out, I have TOPS meetings on Wednesdays, and we weigh in.  I've been the "biggest loser" for two weeks in a row there.  Sometimes I don't think it is fair- I'm competing against women 40+ years older than me.  It's just easier for me to lose weight, I can do a lot more exercises than they can.  Anyway, I won my dollar and change, last week for 2.8 pounds, and this week for 1.4.  That's a loss of 6.6 pounds lost in the past three weeks!  I've been exercising about six days a week with cardio, and I'll do a walk or yoga on the seventh day.  I've also incorporated weight training two days a week- I think I gained some muscle this past week.  I thought I'd include my "before" picture that I took my first week of TOPS, and show you what 16 pounds lost looks like on someone who is already bigger.



Those are obviously my before shots... Here are my current photos, please ignore the mess, I am cleaning out our hallway closets :)


Also, please ignore the dorky smile on this side shot, I was getting a little impatient with the posing.  

I can definitely see the progress this way!  I'm getting there, and have a long way to go, but sometimes it feels like you're just standing still- I know that I'm losing though.  My pants are now too baggy, but I'm not small enough for the next size down.  My clothes are fitting better, and these used to be pants that I couldn't wear without a really baggy shirt!  Now they fit nicely!! 

It feels awesome to be losing!  If you're looking for support, I'm here!  If I can do it, you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment