Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's working!

Hi everyone!

After almost two weeks of my fitness challenge, I'm seeing progress on the scale!! At TOPS this week, I was down 2.4 pounds!  Running is working!  I'm still not fast, but I am now down to a 12 minute mile, and can run for about half the time I'm on the treadmill.  I am extremely grateful for the group at work, and the leader of our challenge who got me to believe that I can run.  This is the most weight that I have lost in a week since starting with TOPS and I can't believe it.

I have been drinking about as much water as I can get in everyday.  So much so that I pretty much always have to run to the restroom.  Sorry to anyone who sits in my section at work- I gotta stay hydrated!

I am making a motivation wall for myself in the apartment.  I've got my poster board and calendar, and small goals I want to have on it.  Right now, I've been focusing on "earning my showers."  It's really making a difference!  It's such a dorky thing to think about, but it's helped me stay motivated.  Disclaimer: I hate showering.  I think a fair amount of women do.  It's a lot of work.  I have a lot of hairs, it takes a long time, it is cold, and it's a lot of work after- all of the grooming.  But, changing how I think about showering, instead of a chore, to something that I only get if I workout and sweat, makes me feel pretty badass.  I have to earn the privilege of showering.  I don't get to shower unless I'm smelly (I realize this is lame, but whatever works).

I finally downloaded a countdown app on my phone, and I set up a countdown until our move out day- which is two days after my birthday.  I want to be under 200 pounds by that day.  There's no real reason why I picked then, but it was just a date that is already significant- so it will help me remember.  I think I chose a pretty good image for the countdown:


I am also going to hang up an outfit I want to be able to fit into.  I have plenty from what I've gained in the past few years, so there may be a couple in my apartment, but I will use that as motivation to keep myself in check.  I have been working out and eating better long enough now that it doesn't feel like something I have to dwell on.  I'm getting to the point where it feels normal now, which is really exciting.  Junk food is much less appealing now than at the beginning.  I don't want to sweat my ass off everyday just to ruin it with something terrible to eat.  I am worried about turning into one of those crazy health people- I'm drinking almond milk and putting soy protein powder in smoothies, I could easily turn to the dark side.

Participating in this fitness challenge has really helped get me on the right track, keep me motivated, and given me an idea of what I can accomplish.  I never thought I could run, and here I am, getting faster every day I do it.  I didn't think I could stay under 1500 calories a day, but I am.  And I am losing.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog..I loved reading it...I'm so proud of you!!! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you like it!
    I'm proud of you too- see you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete